Author Topic: Demon's Visit  (Read 9625 times)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Demon's Visit
« on: February 27, 2005, 06:32:19 pm »
The characters that appear in Demon's Visit are as follows:

Carrera, Mercedes, Ratty, Alphina, Ogawa

Secondary characters: In the OVA there are a few minor characters who don't get named, like the guy who summons Mercedes, many of the angels, etc.

Carrera:

Common questions about Carrera:

Is Carrera a succubus or a demon?
For the longest time I wasn't entirely sure what to make on this question based on a few factors.  Mainly, that for the longest time I thought that succubus was an entirely different species of demon.  Not only that, but succubi drawn in other anime and video games look nothing like Carrera.  The most popular example I can think of is Morrigan from Darkstalkers, and her demonic features look nothing like Carrera's.  Also, generic succubus-like characters are common in hentai artwork and would leave me to believe that just based on features that they're an entirely different kind of demon altogether.

Despite all of this, if you look up the definition for succubus you'll find that it really is just a female demon that specializes in sex.  The hard definition of succubus is "A female demon supposed to descend upon and have sexual intercourse with a man while he sleeps."

While it doesn't accurately describe Carrera, I think it's safe to say that she is a succubus by canon.  On the back of the Viper GTS DVD it mentions that she's a succubus and if my memory serves it's also mentioned in the OVA.  While Carrera doesn't have the same wings on her head like other succubi do, she is a demon, and is female.  While there is a succubus in the Viper series already, calling Carrera a succubus instead of a demon isn't too far fetched.  What raised the question was the horns on her head.  Most other succubi have black wings on their head, though I think it really is just a matter of the artist's taste when drawing succubi.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Demon's Visit
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:20:25 pm »
Mercedes -  Because she and Carrera are the same age they're often compared to each other, and it's because of this that Mercedes considers Carrera her rival.  Not content with just seeing her imprisoned at the start of Viper GTS, Mercedes rapes Carrera as a way of teasing and belittle-ing her.  Unfortunetly for Mercedes Ogawa takes little interest in her and upon summoning her rejects her on the basis that she's not Carrera.

Of the three demon girls, Mercedes is the most animated.  She becomes especially angry if mistreated and is a little jealous of Carrera.  Because she's still learning how to persuade humans to give them her soul in exchange for demonic services, she doesn't consider having sex with them as her first option and asks Ogawa if he'd prefer to take over the world instead.  When summoned by the skull guy near the start of the OVA she agrees to make him food and clean his apartment in exchange for his soul, but comes home empty handed after he kicked her out for breaking his water faucet.

While she does have a strong rivalry with Carrera, she also cares about her and decides to help Ogawa rescue her in Viper GTS game, that is, if you agreed to let Mercedes in on the sex in the previous scene.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Demon's Visit
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:20:46 pm »
Ratty

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Demon's Visit
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 09:21:03 pm »
Ogawa

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Demon's Visit
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 09:21:30 pm »
Alphina: Though he doesn't appear in the Viper GTS game at all there's still pictures of him with Mercedes in the game's Omake folder, and I've seen images of him in an official Viper GTS manga that was floating around on Yahoo Japan auctions at one time.  Drats.  I would have bought it if I had the yen. ;(

In the OVA, he's known to the angels as the 'White Devil', and appears to have had a relationship with the white haired angel named Ivy.  Based on their dialogue we can be led to believe in his earlier years he was a trickster and seducer.  There's lots that we still don't know about Alphina, and for the most part he seems to know more about the Demon world's underworkings than even Carrera and Mercedes.

As a side note, demon men have two dicks.  I'm not sure where this idea started, but I've seen it in other doujinshi as well. I guess it's just one of the perks of being born a demon.  Alphina demonstrates this in his sex scene with Ivy, and Ogawa and Carrera comment about it in Episode 1 of the OVA.

Based on the conversion he made of a human soul to a crystal, I think it's safe to say that he knows some form of netherworld alchemy.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Demon's Visit
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 09:35:22 pm »
The guy with the skull tattoo

This guy shows up in the Viper GTS OVA, and oddly enough, in some Viper GTS doujinshi too.  His most notable feature is that he has black hair that's dyed brown at the top.

Something I thought that was pretty interesting is that the skull tattoo on his left arm is drawn in the same style as the skull icon in the omake folder of Viper GTS.  While the significance of the skull is unknown, the fact that it appears elsewhere makes it of particular interest.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Re: Demon's Visit
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 11:32:02 am »
I originally posted this a long time ago in the then secret Viper Collaboration forum.

I think I was going with something here.  Probably into a wall.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Paper Mario TTYD; Kingdom Hearts Inte. Masterpiece
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 07:32:47 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out what the skull tatooed fella's name is.  If only I had the english version of the ova, or better yet, some scans out of the GTS Novel.  Don't you have the novel HG?

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 12:43:50 pm »
I have both the novel and the domestic DVD of the OVA.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Paper Mario TTYD; Kingdom Hearts Inte. Masterpiece
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 08:33:08 pm »
For the curious, HG got an image for me and we've found out that the skull-tattoed fella is named Jouichirou.