Author Topic: Bully  (Read 7537 times)

HMD

• Lots of Good Things
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Love and Punk
    • ROCK AND ROLL STRIKES BACK!
Bully
« on: October 22, 2006, 01:36:10 pm »
I just wanted to take the time out to say that this game is awesome. Think San Andreas, but smaller and much more focused (ex: no jetpacking). The only problem I have so far is with the main character; the dude is just straight up unlikable. The best way to describe him would be an ugly kid (like, ugly ugly) with a shitty attitude beating up guys who pick on nerds and little kids. This of course sounds like I'm describing self-insert fanfiction, which is not a good thing.

Thankfully, though, the game itself is great. So far (about 30% into the game), there's only two areas you can travel: Bullworth Academy (the classrooms, gym, garages and dorms) and the small town outside of the school. Both areas are quite large, with all sorts of secrets and side-quests and shit to find.

And before this thread reads like a shitty review, I'll stop here. Just fucking buy the damn thing.

Spaceworlder

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • The Wizard
    • Space World
Re: Bully
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 02:09:26 pm »
I'll pick up a copy just to piss off Jack Thompson and other up-tight politicians.
Smile, you son of a bitch!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 03:44:20 pm »
I'll buy it for somebody who liked San Andreas and watch 'em play it. I'm just no good at these GTA style games, but I can watch them forever.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

R-9

• Orky
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 03:59:39 pm »
I think I'll give it a pass. The only GTA-style game I ever really enjoyed was Mercenaries.
Oh, little ice cream friends, Thog delay his boredom-driven rampage only for you.

Spaceworlder

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • The Wizard
    • Space World
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 04:14:23 pm »
I think I'll give it a pass. The only GTA-style game I ever really enjoyed was Mercenaries.

You, sir, need to play Spider-Man 2.
Smile, you son of a bitch!

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 01:33:13 am »
I'll pass on this as well.  I was only ever into the GTA games for the stat-building, after which I lost interest and never completed them.

MMX

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 10:23:41 pm »

DUDE.  I know.  Mercenaries was fucking awesome.

Also, Hulk > Spider Man 2.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 03:06:56 pm »
I'm picking this up in hopes it plays like The Warriors.  From the screenshots I've seen so far, I feel like the PS2's really showing its age.  This'll probably be the last good game Rockstar makes on PS2.

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 06:25:18 pm »
I'll buy it for somebody who liked San Andreas and watch 'em play it. I'm just no good at these GTA style games, but I can watch them forever.

Same here, ROMate.  I watched one of my friends play Bully recently...  It DOES seem a lot like the GTA games, just...  a lot crappier, imo.  It doesn't seem like you can put up much of a fight towards the police or school officials, seeing how you can't really kill anyone, lol...  The music got kinda old and repetitive after a while, too.  I'd recommend Scarface over it personally, if you don't mind Tony and the other characters' use of the F-bomb about every 5 seconds.  Then again, I've never really got into these types of games myself, other than the fact that you have the freedom to run around pretty much do whatever the hell you want to, especially with the numerous cheats turned on.  FLYING RHINO TANK FTW!  =3

R-9

• Orky
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 07:03:21 pm »
I'm picking this up in hopes it plays like The Warriors.  From the screenshots I've seen so far, I feel like the PS2's really showing its age.  This'll probably be the last good game Rockstar makes on PS2.

The Warriors is one of two Rockstar games that I actually enjoyed playing through. I'll give Bully a shot, but only if I can borrow it from someone.
Oh, little ice cream friends, Thog delay his boredom-driven rampage only for you.

MMX

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 09:47:11 pm »
How was The Warriors anyways?

You know I always wanted to see that movie.

R-9

• Orky
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 10:17:06 pm »
The Warriors game was actually pretty fun. I'll probably actually buy it one of these days.

Also, see the movie.