Author Topic: Contra: Shattered Soldier  (Read 7450 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Contra: Shattered Soldier
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:21:09 pm »
So good, so fun, so hard! Awesome bosses though. I like the jet-skiing giant robot.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

LordRyunson

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
Re: Contra: Shattered Soldier
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 11:18:07 pm »
Oh yeah, it brings back wonderful memories of the old Contra Games. 2d, dark, a deep story... Plus some rockin' music, this game has it all! It makes up for the crappier sequels we got like Neo Contra.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 12:46:30 am »
We know how to get 100% hit rate in the Fortress, but we're having a hard time surviving it without using a continue, in order to make an A.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

LordRyunson

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 10:17:00 am »
We know how to get 100% hit rate in the Fortress, but we're having a hard time surviving it without using a continue, in order to make an A.

Well that level is pretty easy to get an S in with a lot of practice. I managed to do that. The later levels are a pain.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:27:32 am »
We're STILL not sure how to kill the lasers on the helicopter/submarine fast enough to get them all in the Train stage. We think we might have Seabed on lockdown, too.

Centurion

• Spear Knight 92/50
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 11:30:58 am »
OMG I havent played that game since Highschool. Me and Matt used to play non-stop.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 11:46:56 am »
If I get it for Christmas, me and you can play it some more. I put it on the list. >=D

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 01:47:19 pm »
I just played the first stage solo and got an S-rank. o.O That's not supposed to happen. I feel like I blasphemed god.