Author Topic: The Congress of Awesome Rewritten  (Read 24434 times)

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Now Playing:
      ・Unicorn Overlord
    • Onna Hole
Re: The Congress of Awesome Rewritten
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 06:04:08 pm »
Hardly anybody posts new images.  Instead of having an entire column dedicated to such you aught to just have a single thumbnail with the latest.

Also, i never understood the point of that "Here comes a New Challenger!" box.  You could replace it with the latest image thumbnail.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 10:17:31 pm »
Also removed the custom banners block.  I'd like it if we could make new ones with 'congressofawesome.net' on them.

Think you could provide the link to the old banners folder?

Also, i never understood the point of that "Here comes a New Challenger!" box.  You could replace it with the latest image thumbnail.

One thing I've hated about that box is half the images it references aren't found so it gets the old missing image block in the browser. I like the thumbnail idea.  Either latest thumbnail from carrerachan or the latest uploaded thumbnail to help introduce newbies to the regulars or get people to recognize a new avatar.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 04:23:02 am »
Hardly anybody posts new images.  Instead of having an entire column dedicated to such you aught to just have a single thumbnail with the latest.

Here comes a New Challenger! box never had a point.  Just a fun thing I wanted to add.  I originally wanted to put even more characters in it, but as it hasn't been updated in some time I'll go ahead and get rid of it now.

As for the Carrerachan feed, I'll work on it some.  It doesn't have any primary options for limiting number of entries so most likely I'll have to use a third party program for it.  Wish it was as simple as "
  • Display this number of images and only images."

More people would probably post images on  it if I'd advertise it more.  As of now I've done 0 advertising.  I could shoot an e-mail to the Overchan to include it in the chan directory though.  That would probably boost traffic.

Think you could provide the link to the old banners folder?
http://hyperguy.net/images/banners/top_banners/

One thing I've hated about that box is half the images it references aren't found so it gets the old missing image block in the browser. I like the thumbnail idea.  Either latest thumbnail from carrerachan or the latest uploaded thumbnail to help introduce newbies to the regulars or get people to recognize a new avatar.
There's an SSI for latest member, but it doesn't filter by whether they have an avatar or not.  I think there is an SSI for latest attachment though.