Which is the better weapon?

Sword
3 (15.8%)
Gun
5 (26.3%)
Depends
11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Sword vs. Gun  (Read 19700 times)

Regdren

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Re: Sword vs. Gun
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 06:48:32 pm »
For me in real life, I might have a chance of successfully using a gun, so the gun wins. In general, guns win in real combat unless it's a really pathetic gun vs. a hulking monster of a man. No stopping power=no victory.

As far as coolness goes, it's much easier to look cool with a sword than with a gun. I do think swords are a bit overused though; I'd like to see more frequent impressive uses of things like axes, spears, halberds and so on in video games and anime. Overall, swords win the coolness battle but not the life-or-death battle.
Epic ninja maneuver: smoke bomb during windy day technique!

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 08:19:07 pm »
true...i'm fond of claw weapons though,be they Wolverine style or Freddy Krueger style,or even the various claw weapons in PSO...i liked the claws the Assassin class gets to use in the Diablo 2 Expansion.That's where i got the inspiration for the 'Saber Claws' Jayce wears in my Ronin Guild fic.

But yeah,a gun is easier to use than a sword,but in the right hands,either can be deadly.

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 01:32:14 pm »
But yeah,a gun is easier to use than a sword,but in the right hands,either can be deadly.

Well a gun is easier in so far as you can aim and hit your target.  A sword can be easy to, just with out any refinement (i.e. the swing wildly technic).  But both can be super deadly in the hands of an expert.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:42:49 pm by bfg00 »

TheS3rpent

• The Serpent!?
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • The SPACE
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2006, 04:18:34 pm »
Sword! Especially if cover is used to avoid bullets
My signature