Author Topic: ATTENTION: Hyperguy is Hyperguy  (Read 19703 times)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
ATTENTION: Hyperguy is Hyperguy
« on: August 08, 2006, 12:24:01 pm »
If you're all done with your Shakespeare, I've got something that I have to say.

I think you're forgetting about someone.  I'm actually kind of put off that this much drama about the future of the forum could occur without me being mentioned once.

In any case, I'll be brief.  This is what's going to happen:

I'll be in charge of YTF's boards from now on.  This isn't much of an adjustment since I already oversee the entire forum.  What this means is rather simple; the three boards Big Booby Talky, Fanfiction posty / The Story Board, and Randomized Anime will not be deleted.  In the future I'd like to appoint a dedicated moderator to some of those boards, so if you're interested please inquire about it after things have settled.

That is, unless YTF still wants to be moderator of those boards.  YTF will retain his moderator status, however, will lose the ability to nuke boards.  Personally I don't like the idea of anyone other than myself being able to delete entire boards on a whim, therefore this is being done in the interests of perserving the community we've all contributed so much to already.

Finally, about the community.  In order for us to continue to grow we're going to have to quel this notion of "us" and "them" that people have been having.  I'd ask for it to be eradicated completely, however, I know people will have their reservations until time permits them to forget them and move on to higher ideals. Just remember; we're all part of the same team and have been.  People may complain about the way things are or the way things have been, but they also have the ability to do something about them.

There's so much more I can say, but I think I've said enough already. Right now the only thing I'd like to hear is what you, the community, has to say.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:03:57 pm by Hyperguy »

Yoko Matsugane Lover

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • King1129
Re: ATTENTION: Hyperguy is Hyperguy
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 01:33:23 pm »
Well i really want to thank you about saving the boards,i know i overexaggerated about leaving,if those boards would had closed down i would have stayed either way,but once again thanks HyperGuy

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 03:34:28 pm »
So basically, you're keeping the board?

Hmm, well, if YTF won't want to mod anymore...

If that's the case I appoint me myself and I!

...rather, I wish I could. But it's up to YTF to decide on that. And even then HG's decision who replaces him.
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!

Doctor_Raven

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Lone Guardian of Cybertron
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 03:37:02 pm »
Yeah we have to be careful about "us" and "them" talk, otherwise it will devolve to something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu1_AguulJ8
ಠ_ಠ
I saw what you did there.

Yoko Matsugane Lover

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • King1129
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 04:21:15 pm »
YML as MOD........that would be cool,just imagine the power..........*Laughs Evily*....................but i think that would be to much work for me...........even though it has a good ring to it.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 04:57:39 pm »
Heh. Honestly, I don't think anybody should be nominating themselves. I like the idea of YTF naming his successor. Failing that, I think the duty of it should fall to HG and whichever current Chief Representatives he wants in on the decision making process.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

MMX

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 05:05:57 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu1_AguulJ8

zomg saaaaiiiiibamen!

Anyways, at the very least, thank god this board isn't dying.  Phew.

Kiinan Yamasu

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 05:07:24 pm »
Heh. Honestly, I don't think anybody should be nominating themselves. I like the idea of YTF naming his successor. Failing that, I think the duty of it should fall to HG and whichever current Chief Representatives he wants in on the decision making process.

Dude, I wasn't nominating myself, I was joking around.

scarab

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 05:18:41 pm »
Thank God for Hyperguy and Fried Chicken!

I feel bad about Mr. YTF getting pissed, though.
Bang, bang...I shot you down...

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 05:19:52 pm »
Dude, I wasn't nominating myself, I was joking around.
I'm stupid tired. My internet humor/sarcasm radar isn't working.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Meat

• Unlockable
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • |ಠ_ಠ|
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 05:48:38 pm »
Awesome.  I'm really glad the destruction of the board's been averted and that the galaxy will soon be at peace once again.  I hope YTF decides to stay, since if it weren't for him I wouldn't have found a group of people I can actually relate to and share my interests with.  In time, I hope all this BS will die down so we can get back to buisness as usual...or unusual.  :P

KILLING KICK!!!

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 08:11:41 pm »
whew, it's good to hear that this place is staying.  no offense to anyone, but i really think YTF tends to get upset very easily.  i know the same thing happens to me often - i get pissed off over the stupidest things sometimes, and then i feel like bringing everyone else down with me... but if there's something i've learned about being depressed, it's that staying that way won't solve a DAMN THING, and it eventually becomes contagious.  i just got online not too long ago, and already i'm starting to see other people here who are upset or edgy.

YTF, if you're reading this, i REALLY think you need to loosen up a bit, man.  it's okay to get pissed off - God knows we all do every once in a while... but it's not good to STAY pissed off.  and threatening to take away your friends' (i HOPE you still consider us, or at least MOST of us friends...) happiness doesn't solve a damn thing - it only makes things worse, it causes this kinda shit to happen.  if one of us is doing something you don't like, by all means TELL US, but don't spoil the fun for everyone else who didn't do anything wrong.  besides... you know we all appreciate the stuff you do for us here in the forum, on your website, and everything in between.  as sora would say, "i think you've been hangin' out in darkness too long."

guys, pessimism is a bad thing.  we need to find something that'll cheer YTF up and get rid of this melancholy that has befallen us...  i know, i'll try to finish up my nanako art book scans tonight and get em posted.  maybe that'll help spread the love, lol...

*sends Satsuki and Komon over to comfort YTF, then tackle-huggles Nanako and Tifa...*  =D

Kiinan Yamasu

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 08:18:49 pm »
*was hugging Tifa at the time of Tetsaru's tackle, gets hit*

WAUGH! WE'RE GOING DOWN!

*falls over with Tifa, head landing in her chest*

MMPHGMMPHBRGLE!

*gets up, helps Tifa up*

That hurt, man! Be more careful with the tackles!

*grabs Tifa in a "Help me, mommy!" fashion*

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 08:24:54 pm »
(looks at the tackle pile,then resumes having sake with Taeko Minazuki and Tina Foster)...lol

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 08:28:49 pm »
yikes, sorry man!  >_<;  remind me to have my Gravigamuhja-VI-24 + Mega-All Materia spell ready next time so i can catch you guys AND mess with Tifa's titties at the same time!  >=D

*suddenly noticed that Nanako fell over too, sees her legs sprawled out with panties/garters/stockings/camel-toe in full view*  O_O

*tackle-huggles her again, casts Haste on himself and presses Rape Button*  XD

Kiinan Yamasu

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 08:55:46 pm »
It's cool.

*hugs and kisses Tifa, Tifa uses Paizuri skill* =D

BIG-K14

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 09:51:07 pm »
Well as long as board isn't going down then I'm fine with everything

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 10:38:52 pm »
I never saw this "us" and "them" mentality... guess I got some pretty thick "goggles of miss-the-obvious"?

Glad this board is staying, as I believe everyone who migrated from the previous boobie board has made this community nicer as a whole.  It couldn't have been that bad, considering I never saw any rivalries/trolls present here like in other forums I frequent (mind you, they are bigger... but that's besides the point).

Yuka Takeuchi Fan

• Loseriffic Pervert
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Yuka Takeuchi Fan's Severe Waste of Time
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 11:22:13 pm »

[Part 1]
I'll be in charge of YTF's boards from now on.  This isn't much of an adjustment since I already oversee the entire forum.  What this means is rather simple; the three boards Big Booby Talky, Fanfiction posty / The Story Board, and Randomized Anime will not be deleted.  In the future I'd like to appoint a dedicated moderator to some of those boards, so if you're interested please inquire about it after things have settled.

That is, unless YTF still wants to be moderator of those boards.  YTF will retain his moderator status, however, will lose the ability to nuke boards.  Personally I don't like the idea of anyone other than myself being able to delete entire boards on a whim, therefore this is being done in the interests of perserving the community we've all contributed so much to already.

[Part 2]
Finally, about the community.  In order for us to continue to grow we're going to have to quel this notion of "us" and "them" that people have been having.  I'd ask for it to be eradicated completely, however, I know people will have their reservations until time permits them to forget them and move on to higher ideals. Just remember; we're all part of the same team and have been.  People may complain about the way things are or the way things have been, but they also have the ability to do something about them.

[Part 3]
There's so much more I can say, but I think I've said enough already. Right now the only thing I'd like to hear is what you, the community, has to say.

Response list:

Part 1:
  Don't worry about a thing. I actually decided last night that I wasn't going to delete anything, and that I'll stay right where I am- the response I got was quite overwhelming and unexpected, and caused me to realize I'd simply blown up and didn't think about what I was saying. I don't blame you one little bit for taking away my ability to delete boards; it's not only something I shouldn't be trusted with in the first place, but yeah, it occasionally leads to scary stuff like this.

Although if I may retain the ability to rename the Randomized Anime board, I had an idea while driving home from work today that might work well.

Part 2:
  I'll do what I can.

Part 3:
  I think I said what I could, too. Sorry for all the trouble I've caused and I won't do such a thing again.

Civility is overrated, don't you think?

LordRyunson

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 12:40:56 pm »
I'll give an amen to that.